Welcome to the Simon Fraser University Undergraduate Open Scholarship application for the 2023-2024 academic session. This prestigious scholarship is specifically designed for international undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a degree program at Simon Fraser University.
The Undergraduate Open Scholarship is a term-by-term scholarship that recognizes and supports academically outstanding undergraduate students. The best part is that no separate application is required! All eligible students will automatically be considered for the Open Scholarship.
the Simon Fraser University Undergraduate Open Scholarship: The Undergraduate Open Scholarship is available to students currently enrolled in courses at SFU and pursuing their first degree. Please note that the scholarship will expire when the total accumulated units (including transfer units) exceed by 10% the minimum number of units required to complete your enrolled degree program.
For example, if your major program requires 120 units to graduate, you will become ineligible once your total accumulated credits and transfer credits exceed 131 units.
It’s important to note that students who hold an ongoing SFU Entrance Scholarship are not eligible for any other university-administered scholarships until the entrance scholarship has been fully paid out. This policy applies to any term in which an entrance scholarship is deferred.
Scholarship Ssorpon: Simon Fraser University,
Canada Host Institution: Simon Fraser University,
Canada Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Multiple
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
To be eligible for the Simon Fraser University Undergraduate Open Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- International Students: Applicants must be international students.
- Full-Time Degree Program: Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program.
- Course Completion: Applicants must have successfully completed at least 30 units of courses at SFU.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA): Applicants must have an SFU cumulative grade point average of 3.67 or higher.
- Term GPA: Applicants must have a minimum term GPA of 3.50 in the last term of enrollment.
- Recent Enrollment: Applicants must have been enrolled in one of the last three terms.
- Course Unit Requirement: Applicants must have completed at least 30 units of courses at SFU over the last three terms of enrollment. Note: If one term’s enrollment was in a single course of five units or fewer, the last four terms will be considered for unit and term GPA eligibility.
- Reduced Course Load: Students with a disability approved for a reduced course load must have completed at least 30 units of courses at SFU over the last five terms of enrollment. A letter from SFU’s Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) confirming the student’s registration with the Centre is required.
How to Apply: Please note that no separate application is required for the Simon Fraser University Undergraduate Open Scholarship. Eligible undergraduate students will be notified by email no later than the end of the third week of classes.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For further details, please visit the official website for more information on the Simon Fraser University Undergraduate Open Scholarship.