The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) presents a remarkable chance for postgraduate students aspiring to study in Australia. This program extends fully funded opportunities for postgraduate research studies to both domestic and international students. We cordially invite interested candidates to apply for the 2023/2024 openings.
Successful students will receive block grants from higher education providers (HEPs) on a calendar year basis. These grants aim to support students pursuing research doctorate and research masters degrees, commonly referred to as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
Sponsored by: Australian Government
Host Institutions: Higher Institutions in Australia
Scholarship Value: AUD 29,863 (2023 rate)
Number of Awards: Multiple
Study Levels: Masters and Doctorate
Nationality: Open to domestic and international students
Scholarship Description: The RTP offers a flexible funding pool to support both domestic and international students pursuing Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees.
- RTP Fees Offset: This covers the tuition fees of a higher degree by research (HDR) student that would otherwise be the responsibility of the student. It requires the university to fully offset the applicable tuition fee for the student. Please note that this is not a stipend.
- RTP Stipend: This stipend assists students in covering their living expenses during their higher degree by research.
- RTP Allowances: These allowances support students with additional costs associated with their higher degree by research (HDR). This includes relocation expenses for commencing the HDR, costs related to thesis printing and academic publications, as well as health cover expenses for recipients and their dependents.
Check out: Top 10 Australia Scholarships for International Students
The following conditions must be met to be eligible for the Postgraduate Research Training Program Grants and Scholarships in Australia:
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, or RTP Allowance, the student must be enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian HEP, either as a domestic or international student.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, the student must not be receiving income from another source that exceeds 75 percent of their RTP Stipend income, unless it is income unrelated to their course of study or income received specifically for their course of study but not intended for general living costs.
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset, the student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth that is designed to offset HDR expenses.
Application Procedures: How to Apply: HEPs are responsible for the application and selection processes for RTP Scholarships. Prospective candidates should directly contact the postgraduate research office of their chosen HEP to inquire about the application process. You can find a list of eligible HEPs [Here].