The J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows individuals to participate in cultural exchange programs in the United States. It is commonly used for internships, work-study programs, and educational and cultural exchanges.
|–||Host Company:||Zen Astoria Restaurant/S&L Venture Group Inc|
|–||Department:||Chef de Partie Trainee, Culinary|
|–||Stipend:||$17.00/hour (Chef de Partie Trainee), $16.00/hour (Culinary)|
|–||Openings:||2 positions available for each role|
|–||Program Length:||12 months|
To apply for a change of status/J1 Visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are admitted into the United States with a non-immigrant visa.
- Your non-immigrant visa status is valid.
- You have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa.
- You have not violated the conditions of your admission.
- Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- English resume/CV (including details about your education and past work experience, if any) with a picture.
- Copy of your passport (valid up to 6 months after the end of the program).
- If applicable, include copies of your previous US visa(s) and previous DS2019 (for returnees). If your passport expires during the period of the internship or within the 6-month period thereafter, please renew it immediately. In the meantime, submit a copy of the old passport.
- Signed Terms and Conditions (Provided by the Sponsor Company).
- Signed Odyssey Terms and Conditions (Provided by the Sponsor Company).
For Applicants Qualifying as an INTERN: (Applicants currently enrolled in a university or have graduated less than a year before the program’s start date.)
- If currently enrolled – School Certificate – Letter issued from your university confirming the following:
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time study program.
- The name of your course of study.
- The degree you are earning.
- The date you began studying AND your expected date of graduation (an estimation is appropriate).
- If you graduated – Graduation Certificate or Diploma – Letter issued from your university confirming that you graduated, including the degree earned, course of study, and graduation date.
- Transcript of Records (Copy of Grades if not available).
For Applicants Qualifying as a TRAINEE: (Applicants that have graduated from university more than 1 year ago and possess 1 year or more of relevant work experience. Applicants with 5 years of relevant work experience may also qualify as a Trainee).
- Graduation Certificate or Diploma: Letter issued from your university confirming graduation, degree earned, course of study, and graduation date.
- Work Certificate(s): Equivalent to at least 1 year of relevant experience. Certificates must include company letterhead, a detailed description of your role and responsibilities, and be signed by the appropriate supervisor. Please include the supervisor’s contact information.
- Transcript of Records: Copy of grades if available.
- If no degree available: Work Certificate(s): Equivalent to at least 5 years of relevant experience. Certificates must include company letterhead, a detailed description of your role and responsibilities, and be signed by the appropriate supervisor. Please include the supervisor’s contact information.
📜 NOTE: All documents must be submitted in English or translated to English along with a copy of the original document. Translations may be completed by anyone with sufficient knowledge of English. However, the exchange visitor applicant may not translate their own documents. All translated documents should include the following of the person who completed the translation:
- Full Name.
- Phone Number.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to enhance your skills, immerse yourself in a new culture, and make lifelong connections. Apply now and take the first step towards an unforgettable experience in the United States!