We are pleased to announce that the Government of Canada is inviting applications from highly qualified individuals for the Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program. This program offers an exciting opportunity for scientists who have recently completed their doctoral degrees in the natural sciences to engage in research work during the 2023-2024 academic session.
The Postdoctoral Research Program enables participants to collaborate with esteemed research groups and leaders in various Canadian government laboratories and research institutions across the country. By fostering these partnerships, the Government of Canada aims to leverage the expertise and innovative thinking of new and emerging talent, thus benefiting from fresh perspectives and cutting-edge research contributions.
|Government of Canada, Canada
|Government of Canada, Canada
|Salary Range b/w $58,563 and $113,877
|Number of Awards:
|Domestic & International Students
ANNOUNCEMENT: Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program Details
The Government of Canada, in collaboration with several esteemed departments including Natural Resources Canada, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Health Canada, and the Public Health Agency of Canada, is seeking applications from recent graduates in the field of natural sciences for the prestigious Postdoctoral Research Program.
Within the program, federal research scientists play a vital role in shaping strategic decisions, policies, regulations, and programs by providing a robust foundation of scientific knowledge through their research endeavors. These dedicated scientists work diligently to fulfill departmental mandates, achieving specific outcomes while also conceptualizing, identifying, formulating, and implementing new approaches to meet the future needs of their respective departments.
Eligibility Criteria for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship:
- Nationality: Applicants may be either domestic or international students.
- Enrollment: Applicants must have been admitted into a PhD degree program.
- Doctoral Degree: Candidates must have obtained a doctoral degree (PhD) within the past three (3) years from a recognized post-secondary institution. The degree should be in a field of natural sciences with a specialization relevant to the duties of the position.
- Current Enrollment: Applicants should currently be enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized post-secondary institution. However, completion of the degree is required for appointment to a position.
- Research Experience: Applicants should possess experience in planning and conducting research.
- Teamwork: Applicants should have experience working collaboratively with a team of researchers and support staff.
- Publication Experience: Applicants should have a recognized achievement in the form of authorship or editorship of published or unpublished reports, books, papers, peer-reviewed scientific journals, or other communications. This experience must have been acquired through one of the following means:
- Research, experimental development, or tasking associated with operational equipment and problems.
- Operational research and scientific analysis.
- Planning, analysis, and evaluation of Canadian and foreign research and development programs.
- Developmental work leading to the issuance of patents, copyrights, or the creation of improved varieties, functions, or designs. Additionally, recognition by the professional community of the research environment is considered.
Please note that meeting these conditions is essential for consideration for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for the Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program offered by the Government of Canada, applicants should endeavour to meet the eligibility criteria before proceed to submit application online for the program.
Application Deadline: Not Specified